Last updated: September 15, 2023
Empowered Training (“ET”) is committed to the protection of the personal information that you may provide to us during the course of your relationship with us.
By submitting your information to us, or signing up for any products and/or services offered and/or distributed by us, you agree and consent to Empowered Training, as well as our respective representatives, agents, affiliated parties, third party service providers and/or appointed distribution/business partners, collecting, using, disclosing personal data in the manner set forth in the prevailing terms of this Privacy Notice, including any future amendments. You acknowledge and agree that Empowered Training may, from time to time, amend and update this Privacy Notice in order to ensure it is consistent with future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
Please note that the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice supplement but do not supersede any other consents you may have previously provided to us or which you may provide to us in the future.
What is “Personal Data”?
“Personal data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access.
Common examples of personal data could include your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, e-mail address, photographs or video images.
Collection of Personal Data
We may collect your personal data in one or more of the following ways:
- when you submit an application or registration form, or any other forms relating to any products and services offered and/or distributed by us;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and transactions with us, or when you use our services;
- when you interact with our customer service officers, representatives, agents or appointed service providers (for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms, surveys, workshops and/or e-mails);
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via mobile services, social media accounts, digital platforms, any of our websites or web services;
- when you request us to contact you (whether pursuant to a request for more information, complaints, or any other purposes);
- when you respond to our promotions, lucky draws, contests, events, initiatives, surveys organized by ET, its partners, representatives or service providers and/or any other request for personal data;
- when we receive references from business partners or third parties (for example, where you have been referred by them);
- when we receive information from third parties about you when you make payment through (including but not limited to physical and digital payment kiosks).
- when you submit your personal data to us for any other reason.
Please note that if you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (for example, information about your spouse, children or parents), you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We work with external parties in order to provide you with a seamless experience in relation to any products and/or services you have purchased from us. In the ordinary course of business, we may be required to disclose personal data to such external parties.
We only disclose your personal data, where appropriate and necessary, for one or more of the above-mentioned Purposes or as permitted by law. The external parties we may disclose your personal data to include, but are not limited to, the following:
- within Empowered Training and distribution and affiliated partners – to facilitate the conduct of our business and carrying out our business activities where appropriate and relevant;
- our third-party service providers, subcontractors of third-party service providers, contractors, and vendors – which could include accountants, auditors, lawyers, IT service providers, business consultants, claim investigators, event managers, debt collection service providers, other such third-party service providers, and subcontractors of such third-party service providers which may assist us in carrying out our business activities;
- public and governmental authorities, including regulatory authorities – to comply with legal, regulatory, and good governance obligations;
- any business partner, investor, assignee, or transferee (actual or prospective) – to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition, or asset sale) involving Empowered Training;
- external banks, credit card companies, and their respective service providers – to facilitate billing and payment processing;
- your authorized representatives – to facilitate the management of your relationship with us or to respond to any requests or queries;
- any other party whom you authorize us to disclose your personal data to.
Security of Personal Data
We take the protection of your personal data seriously and have put in place reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks. However, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or as required by relevant laws. When destroying your personal data, we will take commercially reasonable and technically possible measures to make the personal data irrecoverable or irreproducible.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data
You have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data held by us. If you wish to access or correct your personal data, please submit a written request to us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +65 8801 0819. We may need to verify your identity before processing your request.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal data at any time by submitting a written request to us at [email protected] or WhatsApp us at +65 8801 0819. Please note that withdrawing your consent may result in us not being able to provide you with the products and services you have requested.